NSW BEST SMALL PRIVATE REGIONAL CENTRE
Developing Dreams Early Learning, Chain Valley Bay
- Exceeding Service - as rated by the ACECQA, 2021 (Woongarrah)
- Exceeding Service - as rated by the ACECQA, 2020 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Finalist - Australian Small Business Championship Awards, Early Childhood Education, 2020, 2021 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Winner - NSW Best Small Private, Regional Service, 2019, 2022 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Finalist - Outstanding Early Childhood Centre, Central Coast Small Business Awards, 2019, 2020, 2021 (Chain Valley Bay) 2021 (Woongarrah)
- Finalist - Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards, Teams 2019 (Chain Valley Bay) and 2022 (Woongarrah)
- Finalist - Excellence in Early Childhood Education Awards, Training & Development 2019 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Vocational Student of the Year Nominee, 2022 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Nominated, Telstra Business Women's Awards 2019
- Nominated, HESTA Early Childhood Education & Care Awards, 2019 (Chain Valley Bay)
- Parliament Community Recognition Statement, 2019
- Trainee of the Year Finalist, 2019 (Chain Valley Bay)
Relationships & Wellbeing
These are the guiding values of Developing Dreams and are embedded seamlessly throughout the Service.
Both early learning centres are purpose-built, heart-led and intentional preschools caring for children aged between 2-5 years.
Owned and operated by local mothers and friends Kristine and Catherine, Developing Dreams has quickly gained a reputation as the go-to place for support and empowerment.
"Children are born belonging to a culture, which is not only influenced by traditional practices, heritage and ancestral knowledge, but also by the experiences, values and beliefs of individual families and communities."
Belonging, Being, Becoming - The Early Years Learning Framework
Consistent, Compassionate & Committed Educators
"The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team." Phil Jackson
Staff are individually selected based on the unique qualities they offer the vision of Dreams. Each brings qualities, dispositions and skills which contribute to the creation of positive Relationships and Wellbeing for all.
Rebecca Thompson, Stone & Sprocket
"Kristine & Catherine are a boost to the education profession as they strive to be dynamic and everchanging with what their community needs. I am grateful to have crossed paths with the Developing Dreams team because I know that children and families are going to be supported and heard in some of the most vulnerable times in their lives."
Early Childhood Curriculum
"There are two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One is roots, the other is wings." Hodding Carter Jr
The emotional and social wellbeing of the children - that is, a true sense of belonging - is the foundation of the curriculum at Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre.
Components of our Educational Program may include:
- Celebration Of Dreams - a month-long winter wonderland of connection and curiosity for all
- Exploration Of Dreams - a bush kindy program which is designed to promote in children, connection with self, with others and with their wider world.
- Developing Wellbeing: Developing Dreams - a program influenced by the work of Martin Seligman and his book 'Flourish'. The program emphasises 5 areas of wellbeing necessary for children to flourish: Belonging, Happiness, Flow, Emotion Coaching & Gratitude.
- Flexible indoor and outdoor routines
- Balance of learning experiences catering for children's holistic development within group and individual contexts
- Inclusive practices for all
- A Mentally Aware Workplace
- Reciprocal relationships with feeder schools
- Professional collaborations with other sector services, such as therapists and inclusion support agencies
"It is always difficult as a mum to hand over your children to someone else. You hope they will be listened to and understood, be treated with respect and helped in developing not only learning skills, but life and social skills as well. Catherine & Kristine's team, under their leadership, guidance and example, manage all of that and more. Their approach to all they do is obviously underpinned by a deep understanding of child development and a genuine passion for giving their all to every child in their care and their family."
What are the enrolment details of your Centre?
What are your fees and what do they include?
My child has never been without me and suffers from anxiety. Am I doing the wrong thing by enrolling them in preschool?
How long is your waitlist?
Do you have a school readiness program?
More Kind Words
We appreciate and value the professional accolades Developing Dreams Early Learning Centre has received, but it's the relationships with those who invest in us that are the greatest indicator of our Service's quality.
I wanted to thank you and all your beautiful staff for welcoming us to Developing Dreams. Paris has come home each afternoon so happy with so many wonderful things to tell us. I as a a parent feel so happy and confident leaving my treasure in yours and the staff's hands. Again, I thank you and look forward to the amazing time Paris will have at Dreams.
My main love for the Centre would have to be it is inviting each day. I am always greeted with conversations and smiles which eases my anxieties on drop-off. I would not be the only parent that would want a nice, smooth transition when leaving a child in care & our Developing Dreams Woongarrah team are fantastic, allowing us to leave our children knowing they are cared for, nurtured & loved just as much as at home.
The 1 Minute Empowered Mum
22 Tips To Take You From Tired, Time-poor & Tested To Proud and Purposeful ... In Less Than 60 Seconds!
Click Below To Receive Your Free Copy & Subscribe To Our Weekly Emails (you can unsubscribe at any time)
Leisl Tesch MP, Member for Gosford
"I am thankful that intelligent & caring people like Catherine Schasser and Kristine Elliott of Developing Dreams have the passion and drive to do this incredible work.
They foster a sense of community for their families on the Central Coast by running social and workshop programs for parents, supporting them through the joys and challenges of parenthood.
Catherine and Kristine's commitment to the physical and mental wellbeing of children and their parents should be commended."